Potato Crusted Summer Vegetable Quiche
This quiche is an adaptation of a recipe from a great veggie cooking blog, A Veggie Venture.
- 2 medium yukon gold or red potatoes thinly sliced on a mandoline
- Butter margarine, olive oil, or olive oil spray for greasing pan
- 2 ears of corn cut off cob and cobs "milked" with the back of a knife to release juices
- 1 medium zuchinni thinly sliced
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach or arugula
- 3 extra large eggs beaten
- 1 cup gruyere cheese grated
- salt and pepper
- 1 large tomato preferably heirloom sliced
- Preheat oven to 375
- Butter or oil a spring-form pan or deep pie dish and line with the potato slices to form the crust.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper and spray with olive oil spray
- Blind bake crust in oven for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Mix corn, zucchini, spinach, eggs and cheese together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper
- Remove crust from oven and pour in the vegetable and egg mixture.
- Top mixture with sliced tomato and season with a little more salt and pepper.
- Return to oven and bake for another 45 minutes or until egg mixture is set. (If you like a browned top, broil for the last 3 minutes of baking.)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving or removing from spring-form pan.