I love Kelly’s Jelly Strawberry Habenero Jelly. I love it with cheese and crackers, but I do find that it would take a LOT of cheese and crackers to use up a jar. This is another great use for this delicious product. You could also make this with a mixture of hot pepper jelly and sweet jelly.
Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Salad with Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette
Bacon-wrapped shrimp pair beautifully with a sweet and spicy dressing.
For the Dressing
- 1 TBSP Kelly's Jelly Strawberry Habenero Jelly or 1/2 TBSP hot pepper jelly and 1/2 TBSP strawberry or other sweet jelly
- 1 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/2 TBSP seasoned rice vinegar or regular rice or wine vinegar with a pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
For the Salad
- 8 large raw shrimp U-15 or larger I love the wild blue shrimp from Trader Joes
- 4 slices of raw bacon not thick cut
- 5 cups raw baby spinach
- 2 TBSP thinly sliced red onion
- 2 TBSP crumbled blue cheese
- salt and pepper
Make the Dressing
- Put jelly in a small glass jar and microwave for 10 seconds (don't put the lid on the jar).
- Add oil, vinegar and mustard to the jar and shake to combine.
Make the Salad
- Cut bacon slices in half, and wrap each half slice around a shrimp, securing with a toothpick.
- Repeat until all shrimp are wrapped in bacon.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium heat and cook shrimp, turning once, until cooked through, approximately 6-8 minutes. When cooled enough to handle, remove toothpicks.
- Toss spinach and red onion together with 2/3 of the dressing, and season with salt and pepper.
- Plate salad by adding spinach mixture to the center of the plate, topping with blue cheese, and arranging shrimp around the sides of the salad.
- Drizzle shrimp with remaining dressing and serve.