Black Bean Dip
This dip is great served simply with tortilla chips, as a filling for tacos, enchiladas or tamles.
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 jalepeno or serrano chile seeded or not, to taste depending on how spicy you want the dip
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 TBSP tahini
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1/2 TBSP ancho chile
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 TBSP tamari or soy sauce
- 1 handful cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and puree until smooth. If mixure is too dense, you can add more lime juice or water to loosen it.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.