This is my number one go-to weeknight meal for when I really don't feel like cooking. I make this in individual baking dishes so that it can be customized to each person's taste. The recipe below is for a single serving, but can be multiplied to accommodate any number of servings.
Write a review
- 3/4 cups dried high-fiber white penne pasta*
- 1 1/4 cups of pasta sauce
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch marjoram
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella, provolone, or parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Any combination of the following-
- fresh basil, torn
- fresh spinach
- minced red onion
- minced fennel
- minced zucchini
- cherry tomatoes
- chopped artichoke hearts
- kalamata olives
- sundried tomatos
- roasted red peppers
- veggie meatballs**
- sliced veggie Italian sausage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pan of salted water to a boil and add pasta.
- Cook pasta at a rolling boil for approximately half the time recommended on the package (usually ~5 minutes).
- While pasta is cooking combine pasta sauce, spices, salt and pepper, and additional ingredients in an individual-sized, oven-safe casserole dish.
- Drain pasta and combine with sauce mixture.
- Top with cheese and a sprinkle of salt and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- *Ronzoni Smart Taste is the brand that I prefer
- **Trader Joes and Nate's both have excellent veggie meatballs