(Regular or Spicy)
Write a review
- 2 cans good quality chunk tuna in water
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup bread and butter or dill pickles*
- 2 TBSP finely chopped fresh dill**
- 2 TBSP finely chopped italian parsley
- 1/4-1/2 cup vegan or regular mayonaise**
- salt and pepper to taste
- For Spicy Version Also Add-
- 1 TBSP very finely chopped pickled or fresh jalepeno (optional)
- 2 TBSP finely chopped Mama Lils pickled peppers*
- 1 TSP crushed red pepper
- *Mama Lils is a great Seattle-based company that makes amazing pickled peppers. If you can't find them, any good pickled peppers or pepperoncini will work.
- Combine celery, red onion, pickles and salt in a fine mesh strainer and let sit for 30 minutes to drain excess liquid. (This step can be omitted if you are in a hurry, but removing the excess liquid will create a less watery salad, especially if you are planning to make this ahead and store in the fridge.)
- Combine celery mixture with remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- My husband Sean loves the spicy version of this salad. It's great as a lunch by itself, in a pita or atop a bed of salad greens.