Summer Tomato Panzanella
This is one of my favorite ways to use the tomatoes and basil from my garden.
Write a review
- 2-3 ripe roma tomatoes, chopped OR 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 10-20 basil leaves, torn
- 2 cups red leaf, green leaf, or romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup good crusty bread, cubed and toasted in oven until just slightly brown
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional addition -
- 1/4 cup fresh mozzerella, (cieligine or perline work well)
- 3-4 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 2 TBSP good quality olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
- 1/2 TSP Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Toss all salad ingredients except bread with a generous sprinkle of salt and let sit for at least 15 minutes
- Place all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake to combine and emulsify.
- Add bread and dressing. Toss and serve.