Mexican Pizza with Cilantro Lime Crema
The cilantro lime crema will make your crust-leavers eat their crusts.
- 1 package frozen or refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 enchilada sauce Rick Bayless makes some great prepared enchilada sauces
- 3 veggie burgers grilled on a cast iron gill pan and cut or crumbled into chunks (I like Morningstar Farms Vegan Grillers)*
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese optional
- 1 ripe tomato chopped
- 1 cup lettuce chopped
- 1 large handful cilantro chopped
- 1 small avacado chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 batch Cilantro Lime Crema
Prepare pizza dough according to package directions or using my method above.
Spread enchilada sauce on pizza dough
Top veggie burger crumbles or dollops of black bean dip and cheese (if using).
Bake until dough is cooked and toppings are heated.
Top with remaining vegetables and serve with cilantro lime crema on the side.
*Though not a staple in my cooking, I do occasionally dabble in meat facsimiles. This recipe uses frozen veggie burgers. If you aren't into fake meat, you could use my black bean dip (added to the pizza in several dollops over the enchilada sauce) instead with equally great results.