Pesto Pizza with Veggies
Write a review
- 1 package of frozen for refrigerated pizza dough*
- 1/2 cup vegan pesto or prepared pesto
- 2-3 thinly sliced roma tomatos
- Assorted grilled vegetables*
- 1/2 can of artichoke hearts
- 1 large handful of spinach or arugula leaves
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 TBS Kalamata olives, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 2/3 cup crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Prepare pizza dough according to package directions
- Spread pesto on pizza dough
- Top with tomatos, vegetables, artichoke hearts, spinach, red onion and olives and goat cheese (if using)
- Bake until dough is cooked and toppings are heated.
- *I like Essential Bakery's frozen pizza dough. To prepare I cook on a pizza stone until bottom is lightly browned. Remove from oven, flip the pizza and top the cooked side. Return pizza to oven to crisp the (now) bottom of the pizza and cook the toppings.
- **I love using peppers, zuchinni, or eggpant; To grill, cut into uniform slices, spray with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and grill until vegetables are lightly cooked and black grill marks are formed.